SolarEdge Optimisers and Inverters
Turn your panels into smart panels with SolarEdge Power Optimisers
If you have a multi-faceted roof and/or shading issues, then individual panel optimisation is almost essential.
Power optimisers connect to SolarEdge inverters to increase efficiency at the point of power generated from the solar modules. The optimisers increase the conversion rate and efficiency for DC to DC energy. SolarEdge’s inverter then converts the direct current (DC) energy generated by your solar modules and optimisers to useable energy in the form of alternating current (AC) energy.
The SolarEdge power optimisers increase energy output from PV systems by constantly tracking the maximum power point (MPPT) of each panel individually. Furthermore, the power optimisers monitor the performance of each panel and communicate performance data to the SolarEdge monitoring platform for enhanced, cost-effective panel-level maintenance. Each power optimiser is equipped with the unique SafeDC™ feature which automatically reduces panels’ DC voltage to a safe level whenever the inverter or grid power is shut down (unless connected to a StorEdge inverter operating in backup mode).
Power optimisers essentially split the traditional string inverter into two separate parts:
- The panel optimiser is attached to the solar panel and thus gets the benefits of panel level optimisation under a wider variety of conditions.
- The power generated is transmitted at high voltage DC and the inverter does the DC to AC conversion. Therefore, you get the benefits of panel level optimisation and the cost savings of using a single string inverter.
Panel-level Maximum Power Point (MPPT)
The MPPT per panel allows for flexible installation design with multiple orientations, tilts and panel types in the same string. When working with SolarEdge inverters, the power optimisers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, allowing installers even greater flexibility with longer strings and strings of different lengths in order to design optimal PV systems. The SolarEdge power optimisers are compatible with c-Si, thin-film, and high current panels, and have a 25-year warranty.
Power Optimisers Key Benefits:
- Superior efficiency (99.5% peak efficiency, 98.8% weighted efficiency)
- Mitigates all types of panels mismatch-loss, from manufacturing tolerance, to partial shading and aging
- Designed for extreme environmental conditions
- 25-year reliability and warranty
- Advanced, real-time performance measurement
- Automatic panel DC voltage shut down for installer and firefighter safety
Modern homes adopting solar storage systems typically need larger solar systems to meet their needs and ensure the battery gets charged. SolarEdge Inverters enable larger systems through efficient use of all available roof space through unprecedented design flexibility, coping with shade, multiple orientations and allowing easy future expansion.
SolarEdge’s StorEdge Backup inverter increases energy independence for homeowners by utilising a single inverter directly connected to the panels and an LG Chem battery to store and supply power as needed. To optimise self-consumption, the battery is automatically charged and discharged to meet consumption needs and reduce the amount of power purchased from the grid.
StorEdge inverters connect directly with the LG Chem RESU H battery offering excellent efficiencies, the addition 1 or 2 LG Chem RESU 10H batteries fully integrated monitoring, ability to oversize PV array, Black-out protection. & black start capabilities.
- More Power – Optimise panel output, add more panels, & maximise rooftop utilisation
- More independence – Maximise the use of your solar energy. Reduce reliance on the grid with smart energy home management & backup power options
- More Flexibility – Future system expansion, smart energy home management & LG Chem RESU H battery integration
- Advanced Monitoring – Monitor the battery status, PV production, and self-consumption data, accessible anytime, anywhere from the palm of your hand for free.
- Enhanced Safety – Integrated SafeDC protects your property as well as maintenance personnel and firefighters
- Peace of mind – Long term warranty (12Yr on Inverter / 25Yr on Optimiser)
The SolarEdge single phase inverter with HD-Wave technology breaks the mould of traditional solar inverters. Winner of the prestigious 2016 Intersolar Award and the renowned 2018 Edison Award, the single-phase inverter is specifically designed to work with SolarEdge power optimisers and features a standard 12-year warranty extendable to 20 or 25 years.
- Specifically designed to work with SolarEdge power optimisers
- 5kW to 10kW range
- 99% weighted efficiency (33%-50% less losses than the market standard)
- Small, lightweight, and easy to install
- Up to 155% oversizing allowed
- High reliability due to lower heat dissipation
- Advanced safety features, including integrated arc fault protection
- Standard 12-year warranty (extendable to 20 or 25 years)
- Built-in panel-level monitoring
- Internet communication via built-in Ethernet and Wi-Fi* connectivity (or optional ZigBee® or cellular plug-ins)
- Manages PV production, battery storage, and smart energy products
* Built-in Wi-Fi is supported by SetApp-enabled inverters only. Antenna is included.
EV Charging Single Phase Inverter
World’s First 2-in-1 EV Charger and Solar Inverter
Whether you own an electric vehicle now or just wants to be EV-ready, future-proof your home with SolarEdge.
Homeowners can charge electric vehicles up to four times faster than a standard Level 1 charger through an innovative solar boost mode that utilises grid and PV charging simultaneously.
An integrated EV charger and solar inverter eliminates the need for a separate EV charger and the additional wiring, conduit and potential switchboard upgrades that comes with it.
Full Visibility and Control
Homeowners enjoy seamless integration with the SolarEdge monitoring platform where they can track charging status, control vehicle charging, and set charging schedules. Monitoring features include:
- Charge from the grid during off-peak hours with smart Time of Use (TOU) scheduling
- Track solar, EV, and grid consumption for visibility and control of household energy usage
- Turn charging on and off remotely via the mobile app
- View charging duration, charge energy, and solar charge status
- Easy inverter commissioning directly through your smartphone using the SetApp mobile application
- Up to four times faster than a typical Level 1 charger by combining solar and grid power for EV charging
- Designed to work specifically with SolarEdge power optimisers
- Record-breaking 99% efficiency and high reliability, powered by HD-Wave technology
- Small, lightweight, and as easy to install and commission as a standard SolarEdge inverter
- Saves space on main distribution panel to avoid potential upgrade
- Advanced safety features, including integrated arc fault protection
- Flexible selection of charger cable types and lengths (cable and holder ordered separately)